Tuesday, January 21, 2014


Over the weekend, or maybe it was Monday, my memory is the pits...I purchased some Command Brand Damage Free Picture Hanging Strips to hang this quilt and another that I made for DH that I will hang in the basement.  I assumed it would be a simple issue of sticking the hanger to the quilt and then positioning it on the wall and hold for a while.  Not quite.  I couldn't get the sticky to "stick" to the fabric!  So I finally ended up sewing the one half directly to the quilt, attaching the wall part to the part sewn to the quilt and hanging it on the wall.  I used a LOT of painters tape to hold it in place while I leveled it and when it was all done I just pressed the sticky corners to the wall.  I used two additional ones at the bottom to keep it flat against the wall.  There is a slight ripple...but that is the quilt, not the hanging technique, lol.  Looking at the futon, I REALLY need to straighten out the cover.  For some reason since washing, it it seems to be "looser" than prior to washing.  If anything I would have expected shrinking...not growing.  Oh well, I'll deal with it when I can.  Now that I see the quilt up I am SO anxious to get pillow forms for the covers, but we are getting hit with a snowstorm again today so I'm not going anywhere!  Patience is not one of my strong suits!


  1. Looking great. Love the pop of colour the quilt gives the room.

    God bless.

  2. Thank you, Jackie! While I ADORE my pastel sewing room...I am beginning to like bright colors more and more! That is why I decided to paint the ESR gray, so ANY bright color combination would "go", or any pastel color combination for that matter. I figure I can change out the look by putting up a new quilt, a mug rug or two and a few pillow covers!