Monday, February 3, 2014

OUT MY WINDOW THIS MORNING...


...it's WHITE out there!  And it is STILL coming down!  Last I heard we were due to receive 4-8 inches.  I don't mind light puffy snow if I and my family don't have to go out in it, but this wet, heavy stuff is going to cause all kinds of problems if we really do get 4-8 inches.  Dear Hubby ran to the convenience store this morning and he said his car was covered by the time he got home.  It is snowing fast, hard and furious. See how heavy it is on my tree branches?  The perfect combination for a power outage.  We have already had a few "brown outs" of our lights.  Keeping my fingers crossed that the lights stay on.  Oh, and I guess the repairman will not be coming out again today to do the final repairs on our basement.  Of course, every day we don't have the extra insulation is a day we can have another broken pipe.  No, Murphy!  Please...

UPDATE:  The men arrived to continue the repair.  Whew...no Murphy this time.  The snow has FINALLY stopped.  Here is the same vantage point out of my sewing room window...


Quite a difference!!!  Take care and stay warm...

2 comments:

  1. Granted, I might not be so amazed if I had to be out in it or deal with the problems it causes, but that snow is beautiful and amazing and I wish I could see it in person! And the button rug..funny you found that..there is a tutorial out there about making a button quilt..that is what I thought it was until you said it was a rug. I believe you made the buttons out of a large hexi or HST's and had little white squares for the button holes. It was really cute and I thought about making one, and still might as it would be a great use for scraps...each button a scrappy button!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be honest, if Dear Hubby and I did not have to have the sidewalks cleared to avoid a fine from the township, and if Dear Hubby didn't have to get in to work (although he did work from home yesterday), I wouldn't mind snow as much. It is gorgeous. I didn't take a picture, but the crab apple tree in my backyard is absolutely amazing...the snow is in little tiny "puffs" all over the branches. Stunning. But, watching my poor hubby out in it, struggling to get the sidewalk done (even with a snowblower) and seeing the agony on his face from the pain it causes...I've seen enough for a lifetime. To make matters worse, we are supposed to get another 4-8 inches tonight. This is the most days of significant snow our area has had in such a short period of time since they began keeping records. We keep hoping to see a kid or two walking around with shovels to make money, but our development has two types of homeowners...my age group who moved in when the houses were built and have children in their 20's-30's who have moved out; and the younger couples who are moving in as we "oldsters" move out...and their kids are too little.

    ReplyDelete