Friday, January 2, 2015

HAPPY NEW YEAR! MY GOAL FOR 2015...

http://thegraphicsfairy.com/wp-content/uploads/blogger/_CarNcodpCMA/SVgiIbOM8CI/AAAAAAAACpM/qc7vaYbWViM/s1600/1aaaaabirdnewyr006.jpg


Happy New Year to all of my dear friends, family and blog followers.  I wish you health, happiness and prosperity all the year through! 

Wow, I cannot believe I have been away so long!  The end of 2014 was completely crazy here at the cottage, but I am hoping for a much calmer 2015!

Yesterday, I spent quite a bit of time contemplating my "goals" for 2015.  What do I want to concentrate on in 2015?  How do these fit in with our long-term goals?  What do I want to accomplish in 2015?  What would be of the most benefit to me and my family during 2015?  After reviewing my answer to each question,  I have concluded that each and every goal can be encompassed by one single word---THINK.

THINK.  It sounds like such a simple action, but I have come to realize that, like most people (I believe), I go through much of my life "by rote".  Dear Hubby and I have defined our long term goals for the future.  Our main goal is for him to retire as soon as possible and, secondly, for us to move into a single story house that will be much easier for both of us given our medical issues.  In order to reach these long term goals there are many "sub-goals" that we need to strive toward:
  • Pay off debt
  • Spend less
  • Stash cash
  • Purge through the house eliminating things we would not want to move into our new home
  • Organize our home from top to bottom
  • Fix up this house with an eye toward selling 
In order to do so, I really need to THINK about every action I take...Every. Single. Day.  In future posts I'll tell you a little bit more about how I hope to "think" my way through each category! 






2 comments:

  1. Hey Lin, Happy New Year. Nice to see you posting once again.

    Hmmm, think is a great word to encompass what you need to accomplish on your long term goals.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jackie! Today we "thought" about what we could come up with for dinner since my belly wasn't feeling good and I really didn't want a big full dinner. I will cook the lamb and accompaniments tomorrow. Instead of going out to eat dinner, there was a bit of steak left that Ron and I split and then he had something else to fill him up later. I don't know what. I didn't go back to eat anything else because I wanted fairly bland for my belly and plain steak is pretty bland, lol. I've been playing around with some ideas to make a tiny wall quilt using miscellaneous charm squares that I have lying around. I will probably play with that tomorrow.

      Delete